While we all want to score the best presents for our friends & family (& maybe a thing or two for ourselves)... just like with the eggnog, it is best to go in with a plan.
Here are my 9 tips from the holidays, with a 10th one borrowed from Mr. Clinton Kelly himself.
2. Leave an item in your shopping cart for 24 hours. If you are still obsessing over it the next day, then maybe it is worth it!
3. Check out the return policy - after the cloud of flash sale shine wears off, you might want to return your impulse buy
4. Make sure you can think of 3 things in your closet to go with what you are about to purchase.
5. Ask yourself: Can I live without this? Do I have something similar already in my closet? Will this be versatile?
7. Social media can be your best friend, search for the e-tailers' accounts for the inside scoop & sale codes that other shoppers have shared. (make a Twitter list so you can see the sales easily)
8. Keep a record of purchases. Whether you prefer Excel spreadsheets, a private Pinterest Board or an Evernote note. The cold hard truth of your expenditures will be good for you.
9. Take advantage of brand perks, reward points.
How do you stay on budget during the holiday rush?