The new neon Sharpie pack has already been put to good use in my classroom - helping me stay ahead of the organizational tidal wave that is reams of student work scattered all over my classroom. Read on for my top 6 tips for staying organized this school year.
1. A place for everything. Seriously, I think I bough Staples out of paper trays. I have paper trays for each class, and then for each type of assignment I hand out (beginning of class work, notes, homework, tests, etc.)
2. A system of how to take papers to and from school. My school doesn't have books, so that means there are TONS of pieces of paper floating around on my desk, in my bag, and all over my room at any given time. To get the materials to and from school I have a plastic storage box with labeled sections (labeling things in neon Sharpies makes the whole gory process of grading papers so much easier!)
|My classroom is Sherlock Holmes themed this year - love all of his clever quotes!|
3. Binders with tabs. I have started creating binders of all my materials. Organizing everything with labeled tabs is a lifesaver. Another game change - labeling binder clips (it will blow your mind!)
4. Touch everything only once. Seriously, when I touch something, I take it to its official home. Everything has a place (See tip #1).
5. Make extra moments count, write notes to your students. While I am still learning all the tricks and tips that make a quality teacher, I have found that building solid relationships with my students is paramount. I try to build in tiny moments to write notes to select students everyday.
6. Create a uniform labeling system. And then stick with it. I use color coding (thank you Sharpies) to signify things that need to be done TONIGHT, THIS WEEK, and BY NEXT WEEK. Definitely helps with the stress of feeling like there is always work to be done.
Staples is a one stop shop for all of your Sharpie needs. Sharpies are just about the one thing holding my teacher sanity together right now. Thank goodness for colorful organization!
|My favorite teaching books right now. Specifically "The Together Teacher" for keeping everything organized!|
A tiny slice of my Sharpie collection & a small peek into what is making the magic happen for me and organization in my classroom. We are just 3 weeks into the school year & I can't wait to report back about how all my systems hold up throughout the year!
Any veteran teachers out there have tips to share!? I for one would love to hear them!!
Calling teachers & Sharpie aficionados alike, all Sharpie Fine & Ultra Fine assortment packs & Sharpie Neon Marker packs are currently on sale at Staples through August 24th (while supplies last)! Get to labeling!
This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Sharpie, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #StaplesBTS