I have been desiring a more simple wardrobe for a while, but can I just say that this was way harder than I ever expected & I can't pinkie promise that my selections are 100% in stone.
HOWEVER, this is what I have come up with for my Teacher Capsule Wardrobe. These 19 pieces have been the foundation of the outfits I have been wearing to work (teaching 7th graders) since August.
My work style rules:
- no shoulders (cardigans are my best friends)
- skirts/dresses cannot be more than 3 inches above the knee
- all 5 toes cannot be showing at one time (I didn't include shoes in my capsule as I am still figuring out which shoes are comfortable, which ones are for weekends only, and the cheap shoes I regret ever purchasing that are finding their way to the trash)
- "snappy" dressing rules apply. This is not casual, not totally professional. Men must wear slacks & ties. Women must wear polished pants, skirts, dresses with appropriate tops.
1. sheath dress (save//splurge//actual one in my closet) // 2. little black dress (save//splurge//actual one in my closet) // 3. pattered dress (save//splurge//actual one in my closet) // 4. skinny black pants (save//actual one in my closet)
5. puffer vest (save//actual one in my closet) // 6. black blazer (save//splurge) // 7. tan blazer (save//splurge//actual one in my closet) // 8. gingham top (save//splurge)
9. white button down (save//splurge) // 10. patterned button down (save) // 11. chambray shirt (save//splurge//actual one in my closet) // 12. patterned shell (save//super save)
13. blue cardigan (save//actual one in my closet) // 14. black cardigan (save//splurge) // 15. pink cardigan (save//splurge)
16. colorful pencil skirt (save//splurge) // 17. black pencil skirt (save//splurge) // 18. fluted skirt (save//actual one in my closet) // 19. stripe top (save//actual one in my closet)
(all "save" products are under $50!)
Teacher capsule wardrobe outfits so far:
what are your work style rules?
UPDATE: See all of the outfits I photographed from the 1st Teacher Capsule Wardrobe here.