Wedding Wednesday is back, this time with tips on keeping sane while packing for the honeymoon.
Tyler & I were very blessed to have a 2 week honeymoon. 1 week spent in Antigua, a night in NYC, & then another week in Oregon. Because my idea of a good time is lugging around non-rolling bags through the cobblestone streets of SoHo, I opted to take ALL THE THINGS for the 2 weeks with me… packing light was the idea, but I definitely had both successes & failures in that front...
- Only 4 pairs of shoes for 2 weeks! And I loved all of my choices. Metallic sandals for the pool, wedges for the beach, nude heels for nice dinners, & peep toe booties for NYC/Oregon.
- Do pack things that make you feel bridal… milk that shiz while you still can! A white bathing suit, things that say WIFE, white dresses, & all the frilly things your girlfriends gifted you on the bachelorette weekend!
- Remember the little things. You just got a gel mani for the big day, keep it looking fresh with some top coat. If you are like me, embracing the bridal look with lots of white is just an accident waiting to happen, be sure to pack mini stain remover/delicate laundry soap too!
- Being very conscientious about repurposing things. A scarf can also be a belt. A beach bag transforms to a carry one. You can wear your beach towel as a wrap. And with the right shoes/accessories, only pack dresses that can transition easily from day to night.
- Sticking to a color palette. By packing lots of baby blue, white, and gray with pops of red I was able to really maximize my mixing and matching potential.
- Too many dresses. In my defense, I really didn't know what to expect in terms of dress code at our resort, so I packed everything from super casual sundresses to more formal maxi gowns for evenings. I really could have gotten away with only packing three dresses… this, this & this.
- Too many accessories. I packed SO many options, and wore barely anything. When you have a new blingy diamond ring on your finger from your HUSBAND, not much else matters.
- Packing 2 bags. I should have gotten my act together and whittled it down to only fit in 1 checked bag + carry on. Luckily I had my big strong hubby to tote those bags around, & dang did he look good doing it!
- Not staring early. At the last minute I realized that I really, actually, probably needed to pack. So the whole process was much less intentional than I original intended. And I definitely suffered from the 12th hour, cram as much as you can into the bag-itis!
And now, what I packed & actually wore (not listing all the other non-essential dresses/accessories):
1 blue sundress // 2 Panama hat // 3 scarf, I wear it on my head to blog forehead burn // 4 Jack Rogers sandals, the platinum color goes with everything! // 5 Everlane tanks (white & gray) // 6 white swim suit // 7 romper // 8 black wedges // 9 tortoise sunglasses // 10 Fujifilm Instax mini 8 polaroid camera // 11 maxi skirt // 12 Michael Kors cross body bag, hands down my most complimented item the whole time, and such an easy way to keep everything organized while traveling (it even has a padded iPad mini/Kindle pocket) // 13 Levi's denim shorts // 14 floppy hat (I stuffed this one with swimsuits and put it in my checked bag, it arrived just fine!) // 15 white dress // 16 beach tote (works great as a carry-on bag too!) // 17 MiH watermelon top // 18 white crop top // 19 beach towel, also works as a post beach wrap! // 20 snorkel (because who wants to pay to borrow a used one… ew!) // 21 nude heels
Also threw in a leather jacket & denim jacket for the cool nights in NYC and Oregon.
Ily Couture "wifey tee"// white bow top (as seen in this Instagram) // Palazzo pants (worn here) // Maxi wrap dress (perfect for traveling!!) // Chevron dress
If you are looking for how I actually put everything into my bags, my friend recently posted her packing tips & it was exactly what I wanted to say, but better… check it out here.
If you are planning Summer travels, you won't want to miss today's giveaway for a $100 Target gift card… I was just there this week & their Summer style section is amaze!a Rafflecopter giveaway