The Man Repeller said that the "carry-all" purse is a thing of the past, and that microscopic clutches are "in", but I am going to have to go ahead and disagree. Yes, maybe if I was walking the red carpet, or wanting to look fabulous jetting between all of the fashion shows that I attend, a micro-clutch (apparently "minaudière") would be the perfect accessory. But my life is not that fabulous, and I need to truck a lot of stuff around. Seriously I do. Don't even try to convince me that one needs any less than 3 options of chapstick at one time...
|Currently I am carrying this Hobo International shoulder bag... I like its "lady-like" lines(in LOVE with this one too!)|
In my purse:
Make up (a girl can never have too many lip color choices!)
- Bobby Brown lip & cheek pot rouge (Cabo Coral) – perfect for mid-day sprucing
- Clinique Black Honey Almost Lipstick (a perfect amount of color for everyday)
- Estee Lauder lipstick (Hot Hot) – A great red for snazzing it up when the mood strikes
- Strawberry ChapStick (such a classic, I get it in my stocking every year!)
- Oil blotter sheets (dang that combo skin)
- Ray-Ban sunglasses (found them on the ground in Dallas – SCORE!)
- iPhone (this IS my life… to-do list, social media apps, Instagram, Doug the Pug photos…)
- Night clutch (you never know when the night life will call)
- tape measure (still looking for a few key pieces for my new place)
- Checkbook (am I the last person who still writes checks?!)
- Sharpie Pen (When I find a good pen, I become obsessed. This is my current favorite)
- Notebook (sometimes ideas for blog posts strike at the most random of places)
- Wallet (with my self allocated cash allowance)
- Work ID (gotta support the shopping habit)
- cuticle cream: I have an intention of being a prim lady, with well kept, oval nails ... and applying cuticle cream every time I want to snag a hangnail makes this goal more attainable
- Canon DSLR.... love this thing!
- no crease hair ties
- no crease hair ties
So those are my "essentials".
Do you carry your whole life around in a large purse?
Or stick to the ID, lipstick, and phone in a clutch?