It was such a thrill to attend my first runway show at Nashville Fashion Week. The opening night events were held at The Rosewall & did NOT disappoint!
1. Elizabeth Suzann opened the show with a jaw dropping white jumpsuit. She brought down sexy neutrals in a mix of natural textures & silk. Her show was styled by the blogger behind local site, Pennyweight & winner of the Nashville Fashion week Fashion Forward Fund award, Elise Joseph.
2. Pink Elephant Designs ordered up a quirky mix of crushed velvet, chokers, large gingham + cut outs & v-necks down to there! The orange velvet crush gown she sent down the runway was an absolute showstopper.
3. Brooke Atwood brought a little rock-n-roll to the runway with fierce hats (beanies, felt fedoras), sexy details (lace-up skirt, + fringe & more fringe!) & LEATHER! She mixed in the sweet with polka dots & shut down the house with her sweatpants trousers. Do you dare to bare it in leather briefs?
4. Abi Ferrin put out ruffles + feminine draping with unique wrap neck details. My favorite? The sheer panel cream dress left little to the imagination in the most respectful way!
5. Melrose Space was a boho dream! The gypset recipe? Leather + fur accents, on knotted + layered fabrics. It was a feast of beautifully mixed prints & strategic draping. I want to wear nothing but this line from June to August. But my favorite? The pink + blue cotton candy treat!
6. Lagi Nadeau = ladylike details. I'm not sure the material, but the tasseled "fur" coat is beyond. I loved the ladylike tweed + quilted leather intermixed throughout. Still dreaming of their blue satin skirt - THE perfect peacock color. Overall, this collection clearly shows how important gorgeous tailoring is to fashion.
7. Laura Kathleen took glam to the next level - glam comfort! Adding necklace-like necklines + luxe fabrics & finishing, the collection went from HOT to HOTTER. A cobalt python dress, gold lamé suit with drawstring pants & sequin jumpsuit (with pockets of course).
8. Black by Maria Silver - the last show of the night opened with just as much energy as the first! I'm still processing all the silver & gold lamé, effortlessly rocker glam overalls & easy mix of chunky knits.
What was your favorite collection/piece?
All photos via Nashville Fashion Week website.