As it worked out, while in NYC I organized most of the activities & my sister planned the eating.
Let's just say, the next time you visit a new city, you are going to want to consult my sister on her restaurant recommendations... we ate like QUEENS!
here is a taste of what we ate in The City:1. Zucco Le French Diner: what a way to start the trip! A teeny TINY really & truly French diner on the Lower Eastside that might or might not have the cutest little French hipster pouring the win & dishing out complements. Mussels, steak, pomme frites, & wine! Oh, you'll know you are in the right place when you see their adorable Frenchie logo!
2. Ceci Cela French bakery: their claim to fame? The best croissants in NYC. They're definitely getting a vote from me!
3. Mazzat Mediterranean Kitchen: We were looking forward to some tasty seafood at Petite Crevette, but the kitchen was closed so that the owner/chef could cook for his son's Eagle Scout celebration. However, he personally recommended Mazzat & that man knew what he was talking about! Greek brunch with yummy wraps, shakshouka & bloody Mary's! Ma man!
4. Katz's Delicatessen: Known for pastrami reubens, house made pickles, & the place that Harry Met Sally. I did have what she's having & yea, it's that good ;)
5. Russ and Daughters: classic New York lox + schmear. De-lish
6. Grotta Azzurra: greeting you on the corner of Broome Street & little Italy is a cozy little place that serves up a whole lotta awesome. Get the stuffed artichoke & thank me later!
Not Pictured: Upper Elm @ King & Grove has the sickest view of Manhattan's skyline from their hip Williamsburg rooftop bar.
I love learning about a city by eating my way through it & we definitely put a dent in some NYC menus!