The weather is warming up (about darn time) which means we are due for the changing of the guard in your beauty bag.
Lipsticks switched for stains, heavy foundations traded in for gel blush + bronzers, your regular mani upgraded to gel & when your skin & hair needs to be extra protected against all the elements (sand, sun & sweltering heat).
I can't believe how much of a product junkie my Birchbox subscription has transformed me into - I just spent WAY too much time perusing my latest magazines & the top rated products on my go-to beauty sites for the must have products of the Summer (who am I!?)
I haven't tried any of these products (yet) - so if you have, let me know which ones should definitely be on the tippy top of my product wish list!
Just listen to these fabulous descriptions!1. Kate Spade "Live Colorfully" Fragrance : created for their 20th anniversary, this scent delivers sexy summer flavors of florals, amber & vanilla! YUM!
2. Sally Hansen "Insta-gel strips" : I have been super into at-home manis since getting that engagement rock on my finger, but am always disappointed when my hard work only lasts a few days. This at home gel mani kit promises up to 2 weeks of mirror shine & a safe & easy application procedure (done & done).
3. Peter Thomas Roth Über-Dry Sunscreen (SPF 30) : I know I need to be wearing sunscreen, but don't like how it makes my already grease-prone skin a total oil slick! This formulation is supposed to be über-lightweight while providing full UVA/UVB protection, & is enriched with vitamins to help fight free radical damage.
4. Dior Jelly lip pen : This new jelly formula is said to deliver the "hydration of a balm, the high-shine of a gloss, & the pigment of a lipstick", seems like a perfect on-the-go product for polishing your look after a day at the pool.
5. Revlon Lash Potion : I am always looking to grow my lashes (seriously, what woman isn't!?). This new "potion" is packed full of "strengthening proteins" to "drench" your lashes & pump up the volume now & on into the future. Magic.
6. Drybar Hot Toddy Heat Protector Frizz Fighter : a pre-blowout treatment that fights frizz & protects hair for a smooth finish & healthier strands. AKA the perfect post-beach hair restoration!
7. Deborah Lippmann textured nail polish : Apparently this "textured" nail polish thing is a new trend & what a pretty way to embrace it!
8. Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelée : First pretty sure "gelée" is just a fancy word for "gel". Moving on, this is a long-lasting, hydrating gel cheek stain made with coconut water - would look great on lips too! (Also loving this Josie Maran oil product for hair, nails & skin)
9. Sultra's "bombshell" rod curing iron : all you need for loose, beachy chic waves.
10. Nars Blush/Bronzer Duo : Easy enough, this is sun-kissed radiance in a compact.
What are your MUST HAVE Summer beauty products?