As you all know, I finished my Master's degree at the beginning of January & then enjoyed a month off from work altogether (#FUNemployment). I took this time to finish up some major wedding planning (DIY invitations were a LOT harder than Pinterest led me to believe), live in my pajamas & catch up on my reading list.
It was hard, but I also managed to keep my spending under control (January's purchases) while the money flow was turned off. In fact, I haven't shopped at all this month (will power WIN!). And even better than that, I have had way too much fun remixing the existing items in my closet. I have also been jotting down the holes in my closet - the things that I keep looking when I get dressed & coming up empty.
These 10 items might look boring at first glance, but I believe they are the key to making the rest of my wardrobe more functional & versatile. An updated list of my wardrobe completers:
1. black cardigan // I love the look of a cardigan over of my beloved J.Crew Blythe blouses… & my black one just bit the dust!
2. tan booties // If only these weren't peep-toe, I would wear them with everything… the search continues!
3. navy striped tee // my red one is too flashy, on the hunt for a chic navy stripe to add to my collection
4. black booties // I've worn my Old Navy ones into the ground, this time around, I'm looking to invest!
5. black riding boot // I love my slouchy Steve Madden boots for weekend looks, & I think a more structured "riding" shape would finish out some of my "teacher style" outfits a little more professionally
7. quilted day jacket // something stylish to throw over everything on my way out the door (while my dream jacket still remains this one… gotta save up!)
8. black midi skirt // I think would increase my outfit potential by a TON! Lady like skirts are my new favorite silhouette.
9. dress pants // thanks for all your suggestions about the perfect dress pants… I'll keep you posted on what works best for me.
10. Spring bag // I have been leaning heavily on my new MK bag & Rebecca Minkoff, I would love to have a colorful option in the mix.
And now that I have job (yay!!!), I will definitely be stashing away money for these babies!